We provide a whole range of physical activity classes reflective of the needs of local people enabling them to improve their physical and mental wellbeing. The classes are friendly and welcoming our instructors are experienced in working in a community setting and are able to tailor the exercises to meet different needs.
More details and costs can be found in our timetable.
Health and Wellbeing Peer Mentor Training
We deliver an Open Award accredited training course leading to Level 2 Award in Peer Mentoring (QCF) Health and Wellbeing. The course will provide all the skills, knowledge and understanding to enable participants to become volunteer Health and Wellbeing mentors or to go on to do further study. The course is delivered over five week’s classroom sessions and 18 hours personal study it is open to anyone with good basic literacy skills willing to complete course work and reflective study. Please contact us for dates.
Are you motivated to lose weight and improve your health? Are you confused about nutrition?
Why not try Sefton's FREE six week weight management programme designed to meet the needs of people who require a friendly group setting or 1-1 setting!
- Would you like an individualised approach that can take the stress out of losing weight?
- Understand modern approaches to dieting and how they work to find a way that suits you.
- Touching on a host of practical ways to improve our health and lose weight easily.
Throughout the 6 week programme we will touch on various topics in a group setting, by being in a group setting it will enhance the learning process and provide an interactive, relaxed and fun environment in which meeting other people is an added bonus.
Our key aims are to
- Dispel some of the dogma that surrounds nutrition.
- Simplify the process of losing weight without it overwhelming you.
- Provide plenty of real world practical applications you can start from the very first week.
- Explain modern day diets such as Low Carb, 5:2, fasting and slimming clubs and how these diets work behind the scenes.
- Give you specific advice from trained and qualified professionals
- Present strategies that can help with motivation, where to start with activity and exercise, how habits are formed and a range of other topics.
- Provide support every step of the way
For further details of all Healthy lifestyle activities and courses please contact Philomena Zilinski - Healthy Living Services Manager Tel: 0151 291 8011